about us

A Heritage of Hospitality

Silverado Resort and Spa, A Dolce Hotel, is an enchanting retreat in the heart of Napa Valley. Set on 1,200 rolling acres of oak groves and vineyards, we combine luxurious accommodations with state-of-the-art business facilities, world-class dining, full-service spa experiences, and endless recreational possibilities both onsite and in the surrounding valley. Co-owned by PGA Hall of Famer Johnny Miller, Silverado offers two PGA championship golf courses, along with tennis, bocce, hiking, biking, and more.

Located just off the Silverado Trail just north of the city of Napa, the resort is about an hour north of San Francisco and easy access to the San Francisco Bay Area.

The Silverado Legacy

Today

The resort has grown to include 340 one-bedroom condominium suites, two PGA championship 18 hole golf courses; 10 plexi-paved tennis courts; 10 swimming pools; on-site restaurant; a 16,000-square-foot spa, exercise facility, and salon; and a 100,000 sq ft of total meeting space.

2010

Dolce was appointed manager by the property’s new owner: Silverado Resort Investment Group LLC, whose owners envision repositioning the resort and its golf courses as upper-upscale facilities and establishing the Johnny Miller Golf Academy.

1960s to Today

Silverado has grown in notoriety and prestige by being featured on the television series Falcon Crest and by hosting the Senior PGA tour, as well as numerous professional and celebrity tennis tournaments.

1966

The Silverado clubhouse and the 1,200-acre property was purchased by Westgate Development Company and, later, Amfac, Inc. of Honolulu.

1955

Pat Markovich, one of the former owners and a former golf professional, converted the mansion into a clubhouse, had the original 18?hole golf course built, the beginnings of Silverado Resort.

1953

Mrs. Maxwell sold La Vergne to the Silverado Land Company, when the estate officially became Silverado. Mrs. Maxwell retained one acre on the southern end of the property for her own use, where she built a modern home as her permanent residence.

1932

La Vergne was sold to Mrs. Vesta Peak Maxwell.

1886

General Miller died, leaving the mansion to his daughter Eudora, who hosted many distinguished guests, including President Theodore Roosevelt and General John J. Pershing.

1881

General Miller named his new estate La Vergne, in memory of the battle in which he first heard the whistle of a bullet fired by an enemy of the flag of his country.

Early 1870s

Construction began on the mansion, featuring adaptation of Italian and French architecture. The mansion’s great living room is now used as the resort’s lounge. Note the masonry skill in the 250-foot stone wall beneath huge oak trees.

1869

John Franklin Miller, a distinguished Union Civil War general, began purchasing Rancho Yajome, what is today the 1,200 Silverado property, in parcels. The Napa Valley region at that time was virtually wilderness.

SilveradoMagazine

  • The Mansion outside of silverado resort and spa

    Read All About It

    Silverado Resort and Spa Magazine celebrates the characters, stories, and beauty of Napa Valley. Using stunning photography and compelling storytelling, our mission is to inspire and inform, educating all about Silverado Resort.

    Read Online Version